Saturday, December 13, 2008

Hey! I have a personal trainer!

She is skilled in fitness disciplines through experiences with her own previous personal trainers and gyms. She is flexible with regards to workout times, locations, and equipment. She is Vanessa, not only my significant other, best friend, lover, life planner (she loves that one), crew chief, and now personal trainer and training partner.

It's been a great few weeks. I have learned some new stuff and we have made each other accountable which is a good thing. We can already see improvements in our workouts in a little over two weeks. It is definitely helping keep me fit.

Feels like the natural evolution of a control freak adrenaline junky cyclist that needs to excel at everything he takes on.

One more reason why this training is a good thing: I seriously considered going back to indoor soccer after a work email was sent asking to put a team together. Why? I was getting restless, feeling the need for adrenaline, for a workout, for competition. Indoor soccer was fun, don't get me wrong, but it was good I stopped playing. Cycling is much preferable for me.

No comments: