Thursday, October 1, 2009

Change of plans

My brand spankin new SRAM Force Double Tap shifter broke on my brand spankin new road bike the day before I was going to ride Teton Pass in Jackson, WY. Not THAT big of a deal, until it takes SRAM three weeks to ship a replacement to the bike shop. Now three weeks later my season is really over whether I wanted it to be or not. No City Creek Bike Sprint for me this year.

I did get a few mountain bike rides in during the three weeks. Including a GREAT 27 mile ride in Park City with excellent company. Then two days ago I enjoyed a good 16-17 miles around Snowbasin.






Then a weird thing happened tonight. I got a phone call from Jack, who I hadn't talked to for probably a year, needing a fourth person to race the 24 hours of Moab. And I'm stupid enough to agree. Looks like we're going to Moab in less than two weeks for some serious dirt fun.

No comments: