Friday, June 18, 2010

Ready for the Second most important race of the season

The most important being LOTOJA in September.

High Uintas Classic is my second A race of the season. I feel ready because I am more fit than I have ever been, I have been doing decent in other races, I strictly followed a training regimen (as if I can do it any other way), and I have a crapload of training time and miles in. 3851 riding miles and 312 exercise hours since November when I started this training plan.

Tonight I rode my favorite Layton Ridge route with my bike in race condition. My Williams 19s surprised me again as they roll extremely well downhill due to their ceramic bearings. The wheels are quick and nimble as well, ready to pounce uphill or during a sprint. My bike is one pound lighter with those wheels and I am starting to think it rolls better downhill than with my Williams 38s (because of the PowerTap non-ceramic bearings); trust me it makes a difference.

I rode without my usual Camelbak, without spare tube or CO2, with only one water bottle, totally race-like. It was liberating actually. It's going to be good.

The weather is even going to cooperate. Unbelievable.

No comments: