Thursday, September 1, 2011

park city point 2 point is imminent

When I first heard of the park city point 2 point race I wanted to try it. To see if I could finish.

Then I got registered. Then I prepared my season goals. Finishing is not really quantifyable, so I figured 10 hours given my lotoja experience. Then I heard of people doing leadville in under 9 so I should be able to do this under 9. So that became my goal.

A month ago I prerode the course, doing in 3 days what I have to do in one day this Saturday, and changed my goal to just finishing. Right back to the beginning.

Last week I raced the mt ogden 50k, crashed, hurt my knee, and realized I should just have a goal of not dying.

I'm a lot nervous, pretty sure I'm a lot more nervous than my first lotoja. I'm excited too. If I perform like my lotoja races it's gonna be awesome.

At this point I just want to roll out of the start line. Enough contemplating. Let's go!

No comments: