Sunday, September 9, 2012

Goodbye to an old training friend

I am sad for the loss of a wonderful training buddy that's ridden with me since June 2008 for over 20,225 miles and 1400 hours through cold, wet, rain, heat, dirt, mud, and every other riding conditions known to the cycling world.

I will cherish all the early mornings, dark nights, and every time in between where you counted the miles and captured heart rate, cadence, speed, power, and elevation data for me to analyze. I will always remember the nagging-wife style motivation you provided during structured workouts to help me improve myself. And I won't forget the usefulness of the colored maps always available should I need to find my way in a strange place.

I even remember the Tooele ride that gave you that unique scar. You just jumped off the bike as I was pedaling along at 20mph to go bouncing off the pavement for no apparent reason. And you kept it together for years afterwards. Thanx for that.

If someone was lucky enough to pick you up I hope you give your next partner years of enjoyment as well. Goodbye old friend.

No comments: