Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Improving at criteriums, I think

So last week's criterium was good. I should have written a note about it; I wanted to, I thought about it, I had the title of 'Muuuuuch better', but I never did.

Last week's race was inside the RMR race track so I'm guessing it resembled actual track racing. It was a fast constant pace and it was a completely different feel than my first race. I felt good at the end. Interestingly enough I didn't feel I got that much out of it, maybe people launch attacks to get a better workout rather than to try to win.

This week a sh**load of our team showed up - 7 or 8 of us raced on the outside perimiter of the track. I feel better about the few turns I got in before my front tire went flat at the end of the second lap. $10 for two laps, pretty sad.

Lessons learned: I stuck to my line quite well. I think last week's pace and consistency helped greatly. I am glad I stayed upright as my tire folded through the hairpin turn.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm happy you stay upright every time you ride :)