Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Nice

Nice evening for a race. Nice pace - over 25mph for 30 minutes. Nice workout too.

So last time we were on the race track I felt I didn't get enough of a workout. This time I made sure to take off out the front for a little while to get my heart pumping. Nice little attack; it felt good and I kept a good pace in front of the pack for almost a full lap. Next time will be better.

At 24ish minutes elapsed I get ready for the next attack. I asked Stephen H if he was ready; I'd lead him out. I work my way up front, and by the time I'm ready we hear the '3 laps to go' notice, and the bastards just take off. They just go. The pack easily gains 3mph. Damn kids. Lesson learned: Don't wait until the 3 laps to go notice. And make sure you have enough juice to last more than four laps ahead of the pack. It can happen.

Really, it was great fun. I said it before and I'll say it again: it is a RUSH. Try it.

No comments: