Thursday, June 5, 2008

Are weekly criteriums really good for me?

I believe this one deserves my favorite answer: Depends.

Are criteriums good? Absolutely. I feel much more confident in a pack. I feel I am improving at sprints - except for that last one, you know, the one that counts. I am definitely improving at recovering quickly after an attack.

Are the weekly RMR criteriums going to help me get to be a Category 4? Donno. Some say it will. Some say no. Unfortunately the people that say no are the same people that handle the money and paperwork.

This stuff should be automated. If there is a rule somewhere that says 10 races including up to 8 criteriums gets you to Category 4, let's automate it. Make these people send in their weekly paperwork and make a computer determine when someone goes to Category 4. Remove the human factor and reduce sandbagging. Ok maybe my professional career is bleeding in here...

The RMR criterium two days ago was possibly my best yet. I donno if I am going to continue thouhgh; I am definitely taking a break to get some climbing in. Can you say Trapper's loop?

No comments: