Saturday, June 21, 2008

It was a good day tater

Today I rode a bicycle for 100 miles, 6 hours, and climbed over 6600 / 8800 feet (see The Elevation Game), at a temperature reaching 95 degrees. And it turned out to feel just awesome; the last descent down Emigration made me think I could keep going. Yep I've lost my marbles.

I dreaded the north facing climb up Big Mountain until I reached it. I then spun myself in a funk, hated everything, doubted my abilities, stopped, got off my bike, rearranged my thoughts, and kicked its ass. I had been kicking everything's ass all day so why would this 7ish mile climb be any different? It shouldn't have been. Lesson learned (again): Positive thoughts are the way to go. BIG lesson. Again.

BCCUtah.org has a killer group of people to ride with. I keep hearing compliments everytime I ride with these people; it's great. We end up having quite the group of compatible riders that like to push hard, play hard, and at the end of the day are all out to help each other.

It got damn hot. My feet hurt terribly due to my new shoes. It was a good day tater.

No comments: