Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Death ride: Check!

It is done. It wasn't easy, it wasn't anywhere near "as easy as" last week's 3 canyons effort even thought the numbers seemed to be right. Again, depending who you believe, the elevation gain was either 13,8xx, 17,714, or 19,928 feet. All of which are significantly more than last week's effort.

But, we made it. A shitload of climbing later we have our exclusive 'Five pass finisher' jerseys! I conquered it, I am happy with it, I don't need to do it again. My buddy is already talking about doing it again. Freak.

I ended up leaving the now-named Super Death Monkey early in the day. I didn't mean to, I just thought the top of the first climb was imminent so I stepped it up a few notches. I was wrong, soooo wrong about the top of the climb, but by then I was a ways away. I waited at the bottom of the first descent but he never caught up.

As many people as there were it was an individual effort for the majority of the day. A few people fit my tempo a few times during the day, which allowed for some good conversations if the oxygen allowed for it.

Here's what my day looked like: http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/6258865 or http://connect.garmin.com/activity/359884.

This one is checked off the list.

No comments: