Sunday, August 24, 2008

2 weeks to LOTOJA

Excited. Nervous. Beat.

I am quite glad Stan and I spent the last Friday and Saturday on our bikes previewing portions the LOTOJA course. I would say it was invaluable even before actually going through the event itself. Seeing and experiencing the climbs, the rollers, the long stretches of "flat" lands were useful and fun. Oh, and painful. My GPS logged over 8600 feet of climbing. My body felt many miles of headwind. My legs felt pain. We're doing all of this in one day? Holy shit.

But I am still glad I saw it before the event.

There's a chance I can do well at this race. I have two more weeks to prepare, and I believe the preparation will be mental and logistical. The physical preparation is done; if I don't have it by now it's truly too late. It could happen.

Token picture: This is what the finish looks like:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You got this, No Worries