Tuesday, February 3, 2009

15 miles of therapy

At approximately 16:00 I could not stand it any longer. Screw the job, screw the pollution, I'm going for a bike ride.

I drive home, get ready, and head out, leaving me approximately one hour to ride.

What a beautiful afternoon. I got 15 miles in doing my usual Layton Ridge course and it felt great. Aaaaaah, serenity now. I have officially been going nuts without the adrenaline, the heart rate pumping, the gliding, the crisp shifting, the hard effort, the speed, all the numbers on my bike computer, the whole damn thing. And I'm a winter sports person. I ...used...to be completely nuts waiting for my chances to alpine ski or skate or nordic ski or do something in the snow. Now I nordic ski nearly every weekend which is quite calming and serene as well as a decent workout, but sooo not the same.

P.S. Winter training has been valuable, from core strength training to quieting my movements on the trainer. It's gonna be a good year tater.

No comments: