Saturday, February 7, 2009

The 2009 Frozen hog



...should be renamed the Muddy/slushy/actually wished it was frozen hog.

I may be quoted saying "this is stupid" which I said last week in Park City as well. I believe we spent 75% of our race pushing our bikes. I later found out from another participant that last year he achieved 2nd place by pushing his bike for nearly the complete race.

The more I get distanced from the event the more I think it was fun. Yeah it was muddy, slippery, wet, any snow was soft snow, I crashed a bunch of times, I couldn't get in to my pedals at all during the second lap, we walked a whole lot more than I care to walk, and it was stupid. But there definitely is a fun vibe at this event. I hope all mountain bike races have this vibe.

Average speed: 4.9 mph
Distance: 5 miles
Result: 8th in the 30-39 age division




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey but i was the one pushing the 34lbs pugsley and then getting on only to crash on the icy road.

but it was fun today. i will be running more in my training for next year as this was my first frozen hog.

good job on your finish today!!

kratka said...

I saw that massive machine but didnt realize it was that heavy. You would have definitely had an advantage had it been the 'Fresh Powder Hog'.

I'm betting you got the best workout of the whole group! Great work!

First is Last and Last is First said...

Good Jooob....