Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Bear Lake results


I reached one of my season goals by improving my Bear Lake Classic Road Race results. I finished 3 seconds behind the winner of the Category 4 group, which unfortunately translated to 20th place. Now the results show 21st place. I just don't understand how results change after the original results, especially after the challenge period. The difference between 20th and 21st is irrelevant anyways.

The weekend was excellent racing wise though. I performed well and I felt good during the road race. The race, the pace, the rollers, the whole thing was definitely easier than last year. I even positioned myself well for the last sprint at 0.6 mile from the finish line, but fell short by getting blocked behind racers that sprinted too early, and simply ran out of steam.

I feel I did even better on Sunday. The team time trial was a very difficult event, we raced super well as a team, and had a great time. I think the five of us were pretty well matched personality wise.

Overall BCC Racing did a fantastic job with a few top 10 and many top 20 results. We even got some newbies out there that ended up having a great time.

No comments: