Sunday, May 24, 2009

My baby is gone


One of the last pictures of my 2006 Madone before I sold it. As the new owner was placing it on his bike rack to take it away I felt I had made a mistake and should not let it go. How sad am I?

My lovely woman tells me I need to stop being attached to material things. Obviously she doesn't get the bond between a real bike and its owner. Those "Specialized" riders just don't get it :)

All this happened even after I ordered my new gorgeous machine, which I don't yet have in my posession but should be completed soon. One would think knowing this killer bike is on its way would help the transition yet I still felt sad...I still FEEL sad that my 2006 Madone is gone. We had many great miles together.

I hope to get acquainted to my new bike soon enough to improve on last year's result at Garden Creek Gap. A whole lot of hill climbing is in my future. With a 53/39 double. No more triple crank crutch. Ouch.

No comments: