Saturday, July 4, 2009

North of Vancouver

Cypress Mountain




We left Burnaby Caribou RV on our way to Whistler, thinking we could partake into some sweet mountain biking at Cypress Mountain. I had read that Cypress hosted a bunch of great trails. I was wrong.


On the way to the ski resort parking lot we spotted up to 100 roadies enjoying the climb, and we did notice some mountain bikers parked at the top, but there were definitely no trail maps, no bike rentals, and no chairlifts running for the summer. We walked around the Olympic venue parking lot then Vanessa took advantage of the nice few miles of downhill while I drove back down with Yukon. I took a 3-5 minute wrong turn and Vanessa had caught up with us at the bottom. Fast downhill.








Squamish



We drove into Squamish for a break. What can I say? If you are a rock climber this is a place you need to visit. The town didn't feel like much of a rock climbing place though; it seemed like a just another little town. We could have spent days here enjoying all the outdoor options available but as usual I was too focused on the final destination of Whistler.

No comments: