Saturday, January 3, 2009

Montréal for the holidays

What an adventure. I can say that now that we've been back for a few days.

Why did I go to Montréal? Family. Spending time with sisters, mother, grand mother, uncles, aunts, nephews, nieces was actually great. Hadn't seen most of them in 3 years, some in 8 years, some in 20+ years. It was tough to remember French but well worth it. I need to keep it fresh in my mind though.

Our adventure is explained in detail elsewhere so I won't go into too many details. Losing a laptop bag containing a bunch of junk including a company laptop and our passports was no fun. Getting passports and documents to make it home in one day was a f@#$@#$ miracle.

I sooo enjoyed the food - poutine, St-Hubert BBQ, feuilleté Vachon, cherry blossoms, kit kat noir, tourtière, dinde, buche de noel, porto ét fromage, etc. Mmmm, manger!


I admit I miss the place. There is a lot of culture there, obviously plenty of memories, and Montréal is a gorgeous place.






I am glad to be home. I need to go back more often.

No comments: