Sunday, January 17, 2010

2 excellent rides this weekend.


If you didn't get to ride this weekend you missed out. Travis organized a great outing in Park City where he, Ryan, and I were treated to mostly blue skies and clean air for almost 4 hours. Then Sunday's ride was the almost famous Wardy Sunday at Noon event which yielded a group of 6 people. Nice stuff for January.

Those 6 hours on the bike allowed me to reach my 11 hour training goal this week, which is a relief as I didn't really think I was going to reach my goal as of Friday evening. And I am feeling better about riding in sub 30 degree weather. Sad, sad accomplishment.

Lastly I reached a weird milestone during Saturday's ride where I broke the 1000 watts barrier of power output. It was picture worthy. Saturday's ride also bumped my personal best 5-second duration power output to 963 watts. I have a long way to go to reach my season's goals but it's a start.

No comments: