Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2009 to 2010

2009 in retrospective

Professional

Not the best year. Third or fourth attempt at managing people with the same result. Just not a manager and don't want to be one. Otherwise tired of being the bad guy; I just don't want to deal with grown adults needing supervision to do their jobs. Just let me solve technical problems and get out of the damn way.

Personal

Great. I am super lucky. I don't deserve it especially given how selfish I am.

Cycling

Good energy outlet. Great early season, unfortunate knee injury, shitty team dynamics. Wished I could have excelled.

2 new bikes: One was too tall, the other was stolen. Good and bad.

2010

Eat, sleep, work, train

Getting serious about competing on a bicycle. Spending approximately 12 hours per week training starting in November. Will win races, will excel, will destroy LOTOJA.

Olympics

1 month in Vancouver for some awesome Olympic experience. Too bad I wasn't chosen as a volunteer but I hope we make the most of it.

Home improvements

It's time to update the house with new carpet, maybe pergo-style flooring in the upstairs bathroom, new non-yellow canned light rings, and possibly new door hardware.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You forgot, Individually - You've changed your outlook on life a lot and have become more positive and constructive when dealing with issues. I think the whole post is a great window into how much you seem to like your life right now ;)