Friday, January 29, 2010

Base miles milestone

1082 miles ridden so far for the 2010 season - my 2010 training season began November 16th 2009. I am not THAT much of a freak where I would have ridden 1000 miles in less than one month.

The 1082 miles translate to over 67 hours on the bike. Mostly indoor. One one hand I am starting to get pretty tired of my trainer and really want to ride outside. On the other hand I am increasingly enjoying being on the trainer as it is simpler than dealing with traffic, road conditions, and finding terrain to match the workouts. But, as I start more race-specific training the need for real mountains and real terrain also increases. Outside good.

1000 miles is a well known milestone to denote the end of a base period. It is recommended to get 1000 miles in before starting to beat the crap out of your body to get to the next level of fitness. Here comes the pain.

No comments: