Sunday, September 7, 2008

I have extremely high expectations of myself.


I really thought I could do LOTOJA in 9 1/2. I wanted to, and wanted to do it with Brent, especially cause it would have been his best time and I would have helped. How selfish is that? First LOTOJA ever, and I want to beat most everyone. The dream was 9 1/2, the expectation was 10.

My time was officially 9:59:46.185, 11th place in my group, 22nd in all of Category 5 racers, 149th overall. Pulling off 9:30 this year would have meant a first place finish in my category with 7 minutes to spare. I could list the excuses and comments here to embellish this...

This was a nearly perfect day. Thanx to all that helped, especially my killer support crew and BCC Racing for the thousands of miles of training and companionship.

Now I resume my quality time in Jackson, wy.

1 comment:

Troy Young said...

That's unreal...just the fact that you survived, let alone doing it in under 10 hours.

Nice job.