Friday, September 5, 2008

LOTOJA is just about over

The only little thing left is the actual race. I'm done worrying, I'm done training, I'm done planning, I'm done with everything except sleep, eat, ride.

I feel I did well preparing physically. I ate quite well and I have a great breakfast planned. I learned quite a bit about nutrition this season including getting some late nutrition data to chew on and applying what I can to the plan.

I did everything possible to my bike short of replacing it. I mean everything: new 205g tires, new 49g tubes, cleaned and lubed the drive train, lubed cables, and even got killer new wheels earlier this season (see Williams Cycling). As I told a buddy: This wheels are so fast I just need to keep the rubber side down to win every race. That's right I said it. Would be awesome.
Here's a hint of my mental preparation...

To all competitors out there: I am going to destroy myself tomorrow trying to stick with you. I am going to find new levels of physical ability. I will NOT finish this race wondering if I could have done more. Note: This is not ego this is challenging myself through competition.


Oh, and I have some really cool new racing team arm and leg warmers! Even though the weather is cooperating it will be cold.

Hopefully I am still alive after this ride to comment on the results smiley

No comments: