Monday, April 6, 2009

2009 Cholla challenge

This last weekend I participated in my third mountain bike race of the year. Really the second serious race.

The stats show a serious effort with an average heart rate of 186 bpm, spending 1:10:41 of 1:14:56 in zone 5. One hour spent disregarding my body yelling and screaming at me to stop. It was quite the exercise in suffering but it didn't kill me so it had to make me stronger.









Here's what I want to remember about this event:
  • I worked as hard as I could therefore I am happy with my result of 9th place in my group.

  • It was a gorgeous day with temperatures around 57 to 65 degrees.

  • This is a high speed course with many passing opportunities. This translates to a course with very few rest opportunities. This also means someone can power through the complete race without impediments.

  • Pre riding a race course is highly valuable.

  • There are actually drafting benefits in mountain biking. I saw two teams take advantage of drafting. Nice job to those teams.

  • My crew chief is awesome. She takes great care of me.
  • No comments: