Sunday, April 19, 2009

Unhappy body

I enjoyed an excellent 100 mile ride yesterday but my body tells me it did not enjoy it so much. At mile 98 my calves cramped badly in a pulsating manner that I hadn't experienced before. Today my left achille's tendon is popping as I walk down stairs but most importantly my right knee is extremely sore to the point I cannot put pressure on it.

I met up a few team members at the East Canyon Resort earlier today, geared up, rode around the parking lot, rode up the road approximately 1/4 mile, and decided it was best to not ride. That was a HARD decision.

What caused it? Seat too high? Maybe. I recently moved it up after changing my saddle cover. Stephen H. mentioned I didn't cover my knees yesterday and the temperature may have been under the magic 55 degrees. That may have done it too. It sucks either way.

Sucks to get old.

No comments: